Caring For Your Glasses
Your glasses are precise optical instruments and they should last a long time if they are properly looked after and maintained.
Here are a few tips to keep your glasses in great condition:
- Always use two hands to take them off and put them on. Using one hand to take off your glasses can stretch the frame, making it loose.
- Use a clean micro-fibre cloth, like the one we supply, to clean your glasses regularly. We also recommend the use of a non-alcohol cleaning spray.
- Never use wool, other materials like shirts, blouses or neckties to clean your glasses - this may well scratch the lenses.
- Keep your glasses in their protective case when you are not using them.Don't put your glasses in your pocket. They are likely to get scratched or fall out and get damaged.
- Don't put your glasses on the top of your head. This will stretch the frame and make it loose.
- Never place your glasses face down on any surface. This will lead to scratches on the lenses from dust particles and grit.
- Do not leave them in hot places - such as a car dashboard, a sunny window sill - this can warp some frames.
Remember - lenses are scratch-resistant, not scratch-proof. The lenses will deteriorate over time and small signs of wear will appear - even with careful use and regular cleaning. It all depends on how well you look after them and the type of environment they are used in. Following the above tips will help you keep your glasses in the best possible condition.