Looking After Your Glasses
10 ways to care for your glasses and sunglasses
- Never place your glasses with the lenses down.
- Use a Spex4less mini-screwdriver to keep the screws tight.
- Keep them in a case when you are not using them.
- Avoid leaving plastic sunglasses on the car dashboard in hot weather as they may distort.
- Clean the lenses with a lint-free cloth – Spex4less micro fibre cloths are ideal and available from the Spex4less online store.
- Always use a specially formulated lens cleaner to clean your lenses. Many coated lenses will smear with unsuitable cleaning solutions. We recommend Spex4less lens cleaner for this very purpose.
- Should the fit become loose – either make small adjustments yourself, return them, to us to adjust for you or ask your local optician if he wouldn’t mind making simple adjustments to make them fit properly again.
- Always use both hands when removing your frames. This prevents snagging and reduces the chance of breaking a side temple.
- Wearing your glasses on the top of your head may look chic, but it stretches them and they won’t fit as a result.
- Clean your glasses regularly, rather than waiting for dirt and grease to build up – thus avoiding a ‘heavy’ clean.